Hello Citizens of The Blogosphere,
If you’ve never heard about Daiso before, it is a Japanese dollar store where almost everything is $1.50 (in the US). With such a low price point, they definitely have hits and misses. As such, I think it is helpful to check out some reviews before you go crazy and buy the whole store. (It can happen. Daiso is dangerous.)
Here’s a short bullet point review of my latest Daiso art supply purchase.
- Product: Daiso Brand Oil Crayon(s)
- Price: $1.50 @ Daiso
-Here are the three things that I liked about this product-
- Vibrant and Colorful: Especially on black paper, as you will see later on in this post.
- Super Blendable: Really easy to blend and create sketchy abstract goodness with.
- Great Value!: For the quality of the product, the price is really good.
-Here are three things that I did not like about this product-
- Very Messy: Not really a fault of the product though… it’s more of an oil crayon thing.
- Hard to get fine detail: Again, a characteristic of the medium itself.
- Layering Can Get Unpleasant– Particles tend to collect on your paper when you layer on too much product.
Here are some “paintings” I made on black paper using these oil crayons.
Overall, I think these Daiso oil crayons are pretty awesome and I would definitely recommend them if your interested in trying this medium.
Interested in more Daiso reviews?
More Adventures with Daiso Products: Watercolor
If you like my art or even just found it interesting, follow this blog @ annotatedaudrey.com. Also, like my Facebook page and follow me on Instagram to get updates about new works that I create. If you would like to find out more about me or connect with me on other social media networks…click here to visit my about me page!
And now… that’s all she wrote. (Literally.)