Hello, Citizens of The Internet!
Since more of us seem to be finding ourselves working from home these days, I thought I'd share my work from home tips.
Here are some things that I do to help me make the most of my workdays.
Here's what my basic morning routine looks like, of course, feel free to modify it to fit your life.
- Morning Mantra: A morning mantra is a statement that you repeat every morning to help set your intentions for the day. You can use the same one each day, or change it up depending on how you feel. Just say the words and let them guide your vibe for the day.
- Get ready for the day. It's tempting to stay in pajamas when you are working from home, but actually getting ready can mentally puts you into work mode.
- Hydrate. Caffeinate. Eat food.
- Clear your workspace of clutter. It's hard to work in a messy environment. Cleaning your desk or tidying up the area that you are going to work in removes obvious distractions and makes it easier to work unimpeded.
- Plan your day. If you are looking to get things done, it's important to take some time at the beginning of your day to plan what you are going to do. This is your time to set your priorities for the day and write a to-do list of things you need to get done.
- Get to work! When you've completed your routine, you are better prepared to start your day.
2. Set a work schedule. Having a set start and end time can keep you on track and can help you keep a good work/life balance. Since your home has now also become your workplace, you can divide the purpose of the space using time. (Attention Employees: The time is now 6 pm, your office is now your kitchen again.) Also, it's nice to be able to say... I'm done working now.
3. Schedule breaks so you don't give in to distraction. Let's face it when you are at home... you are bound to get distracted. So scheduling in time for distractions gives you time to do things that you want to (or need to) do around the house. Want to get some laundry done? Want to load the dishwasher? Want to take your dog out for a walk? That's fine. Working from home gives you that freedom, but you have to give these distractions some structure so that they don't get in the way of your work.
4. Set priorities for the day and don’t overwhelm yourself with too many tasks. You can't do everything in a single day. Make sure you take time to prioritize the most important things that need to get done and create your to-do list based on those priorities.
5. Save some time in the day for personal development. I think that learning is always important, so I always include some time in my day for learning and personal development. This could be anything from researching a technique that will help you do your job better or learning about something that could help you improve your life as a person. Some examples include learning how to meditate, reading about current research in your field or exploring digital communication techniques.
6. Thoughts and Reflections. At the end of the day, I think it's important to reflect on how you did. Were you able to complete everything you wanted to? If not, why? These thoughts and reflections can help you better understand how you work and make adjustments to improve your workflow.
Alrighty, that's all for now. I hope that you found these tips helpful!
Thanks so much my lovelies!